Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our life has changed forever

Hi. Well, we arrived in Guatemala City yesterday afternoon. Our flight from Asheville to Atlanta was smooth and quick. The flight from Atlanta here was a bit bumpy at first, and again just before landing, but okay in between. We got checked in and after a bit of frustration getting our wireless connection to work, e-mailed home and then collapsed in exhaustion. We picked Ruth up this morning, and she went with us happily. She did fine through lunch, and just cried a little when we put her in bed for a nap. I held her on my lap in the chair and she went to sleep fine. I think we'll hit the pool after a bit, and she should be good and sleepy tonight. I hope so, because we need to leave the hotel at 6:45 in the morning to get across town to the embassy. Here are a few pictures from this afternoon.




Eating pizza from Pizza Hut in the food court.



Notice the stylish luggage-tag bracelets!


4 comments:

Laurie said...

So glad things are going so well. Ruth is just adorable and a beautiful Princess! So glad she has her forever family!

Jane said...

It's so great to see Ruth with you and knowing she is going home! You are truly blessed with such a sweet little girl.

Keep us posted on the trip and home comming.

Jenn said...

I'm so glad you had a good trip! Ruth is such a cutie!

Krystal said...

Congratulations :) I am so glad that we got to see you yesterday, but I am sorry that I did not even offer to take a pic of the 3 of you together!

Ruth was so happy, and I am so happy for her!!!!