Friday, April 25, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday - Spring Has Sprung!

The FFF theme for today is Spring Has Sprung. Our neighborhood is so pretty this time of year. Here's a shot of our neighbors' dogwood and azalea.



Unfortunately, this is about all we have in our yard during Spring.


Our yard is definitely a summertime yard. I'm nuts for hydrangeas, and I've got them everywhere. Last year we had that deadly late freeze, and we didn't see any blooms until September. It was terrible. But this year promises to be a good hydrangea year.


Here are a couple of shots of Claire with her funny boots. We went to the Goodwill store looking for a dress for her to wear to an 80's birthday party, and she latched onto these. The heels are so high, it makes my feet hurt just to look at them, but she thinks they are great!



Yesterday I took the day off to do some painting and yard work. Our red barn mailbox is old and was looking more like a pink barn. I got some of that spray paint for plastic, and gave it a coat. Of course, I HAD to change it to BLUE! Hmm - now I need to paint the post. Ugh - the projects never end!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Those boots and that pose is priceless! Claire is a beauty! What gorgeous flowers too! Praying that you are seeing PINK for Ruth very soon!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post - pretty flowers, beautiful little girl, and precious mailbox! :) I too am praying for pink for you guys!

MICHELLE said...

YOUR GIRL'S ARE ABSOLUTLY BEAUTIFUL. HOPING YOU GET TO BRING RUTH HOME SOON.