Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We're nearly done!

Guess what came in the mail yesterday?


As soon as our post-placement visits were done, we started the name change process. Got that done, and her Certificate of Foreign Birth, and immediately headed to the Social Security office. Will all of the paperwork ever be done? I keep thinking I'm almost done, but now I think I need to file a G-884 to get our original documents back from USCIS. Maybe I've waited too long - who knows. But I am wondering what was in that mystery sealed packet we had to turn over at the Atlanta airport. And I may need to apply for a new Certificate of Citizenship with her changed name. Hope not.

Anyway, the SS# was what I've been waiting for. I had TurboTax all filled out, just waiting on that number. I plugged it in, and e-filed last night. Can't wait to get that tax credit!

No comments: