Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here are a few pictures of the girls this week getting ready for Valentine's Day.


It amazes me how much Mia is learning. I wrote out a list of the kids' names in her classroom, and she copied them all. We put her Valentines (Dora ones, of course) in a bag in her backpack for the party yesterday. This morning she pulled the bag out of her backpack and brought it to me. Apparently she couldn't find them when party-time came. She switched back and forth between two backpacks this week, so maybe they were in the wrong one --- who knows.



We made brownies for Claire's class party, and cookies for Mia's. I tried something new - I let them paint on the frosting. It makes a thinner coat, and hardens nicely so the cookies don't stick together in the container. Well, a few cookies in, we discovered that our paintbrushes were shedding. We kept those cookies at home - hey, I don't mind a few brush bristles for the pleasure of a sugar cookie with frosting!




Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: