Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hair!

Oh, the wonders of the flat iron. What I would have given for one back in the 70's! Here are a couple of pictures of Claire's hair freshly washed and dried. (Yes, I know I really shouldn't blow-dry biracial hair - it's not good for it. But I can't stand for my kid to go to bed with wet hair.) I put a chemical straightener on it in September, and it's still this curly...




30 minutes and a few burned fingers later...



Still need to work on those ends, but tomorrow's another day. After 8 years of working with this kind of hair, I was so looking forward to Mia's straight hair - but I can't do A THING with it! It's too slippery! I've been keeping it cut short so I can just run a brush through it in the mornings. Sometimes I even forget to do that (BAD, BAD Mommy!) and it does just fine.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

What a beautiful girl and beautiful hair! I can't imagine using a flat iron on my hair! I have Mia hair too! :)

Anonymous said...

Claire is going to be a heart breaker! :-)