Thursday, January 22, 2009

Goodbye to my little friend

A week ago Monday I had to take our cat Sidney in and have him put down. It was the hardest and saddest thing I've ever had to do. I was hoping that nature would take its course, and he would just die quietly in his sleep one night, but it didn't turn out that way. I did not want to have to make that decision. Our other cat, Zoe disappeared in June, and I'm still grieving for her, so it's been awful. Now we're down to just one cat - Tristan the biter cat. Maybe he'll mellow out a little now that he's an "only child". Lately we've dreamed of having a pet-free home with nice un-picked furniture and no cat hair or vomit stains on the rugs, but I don't know...I think I'm destined to be one of those old cat-ladies. I can't imagine not having a cat to love on --- it would be so lonely.
Here are a few pictures. I had the best time looking back through my cat pictures over the years to find these. We got him as a kitten in 1991, so I don't have digital pictures of him in his young and energetic years. Zoe was about 6 months old when we got her in 1997.

Here were Zoe and Sidney a couple of years back. They got along so well.

Sidney and Tristan --- not so much.



Sidney was a bit temperamental, and tended to scratch if you didn't treat him just the way he liked. He did pretty well with Claire, considering that he was pretty scared of children. Occasionally she'd get in his face too much and get a swat.

He did much better once he lost his hearing. He didn't seem to mind the kids at all.


Hasta luego, Siddy.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Oh, I am so sorry that you had to say goodbye.

Jennifer said...

I am soooo sorry Linda. Our pets are our BABIES. :(