Friday, January 2, 2009

FFF - Favorite 2008 Fotos

Looking back over the past year, these 2 pictures have to be my favorites - not because of the quality, but because of the relief I was feeling at the moment they were taken. Our lives have been stressed and controlled by this adoption since we began the process in December of 2006, so the moment we left the runway in Guatemala City on May 20 felt like such a victory!

I don't have any photos of the landing in Atlanta, but my mom took this one of us arriving home. The relief was unbelievable!


We still have miles to go before things will feel "normal", but I'm looking forward to a much calmer year in 2009. Happy New Year!

For more FFF posts, visit Sarah's blog.

8 comments:

nora said...

What a great photo of such a memorable moment. I think we are always looking for normal - some how it always feels just out of reach at our house!

Happy 2009!

Jill said...

So sweet! That relief is an awesome feeling! Blessings to you this new year!

Kim & Dave said...

That is a cool shot of the plane landing in GC!!! I know that feeling!

Congrats, & Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!!

hugs,leslie

vaneblu said...

Great moment to remember!!
Happy New Year!

Robyn said...

What a great pic!!

Lilysmom said...

What a wonderful moment to share. Hope you find the normal your looking for I think everyones normal is a little different :) Good luck

Sarah said...

Sweet memories of bringing your precious girl home!