Saturday, March 8, 2008

The knitting project that never ends...

A few months ago I ordered a kit to knit Claire this cute sweater since she likes horses. Because of a snafu with the color and size ordered, I now have two kits - one for each of the girls. Here's what it's supposed to look like...



Well, I've been working on it since last fall, and this is what I have done so far...




...and this is what it looks like on the back!!!!


A-r-g-h-h-h-h! 20 bundles of yarn to twist with each color-change and then untangle at the end of each row. I've never done anything like this before, and it's driving me crazy! PLUS once the horses are done, I still have to knit the rest of the front, the back, the sleeves, and then sew it all together. PLUS weave in all of those tails!!! Maybe I should just make it a vest. I really doubt that I'll be knitting one for Ruth . . . hand-me-downs are good, right?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Linda... I am SOOOOOOO impressed! I can't wait to see my friend Katrina tomorrow and show her. You are doing great... and yes, hand me downs are WONDERFUL. How do you think I clothe my kids??? From my sister's daughters... and the clearance/off season racks. ha ha.
I am so impressed... DID I SAY THAT???