Friday, March 21, 2008

FFF - Sara's going home!

The good news this week is that Sara's family got their visa appointment date, and she is coming home very soon! Sara is 8, and has been waiting a long time, so I am really excited and happy for her and her family. Sara is like a big sister to all of the older kids at the hogar, and I'm glad she's been there to help take care of Ruth. I'm sure Ruth will be sad to see her leave. Ruth's bio brother and sister have already come home, so this will be one more loss. But her bio sister lives very close to Sara's new home, so we will definitely see her again!


Of all the pictures we took in Guatemala, this beautiful shot of Sara is one of my very favorites.



3 comments:

Krystal said...

Don't forget that we live close by as well - I think we will have a great big reunion for the kiddos one day :)

I am prayin that Ruth is out of PGN next week!!!

Krystal said...

I got the cutest video clip of Gerson & Ruth in the mail today!!!! I'm telling you, Ruth may be the happiest child on earth - her smile is just brilliant!

Jennifer said...

Linda,

This is such a bittersweet time. I have been very strong each time I've had to leave the hogar... but this time I have a feeling it will be very hard on me.

And I agree with Krystal. Ruth is the happiest child - and has the most breathtaking smile! That child just warms my heart!!!

We will give RUth lots of love!

Love,
Jen