Saturday, March 22, 2008

Backyard buddies

Claire was at Mom and Dad's for awhile this afternoon, so I took a few minutes to sit out on the deck. I had noticed that the male goldfinches are starting to get more gold, so I thought I'd take a picture of one. I sat out there for quite some time with my finger on the button, but those birds would not come near the feeders as long as I was out there. I stepped into the house to get a drink, and look who had come to visit in the front yard --- our neighborhood white squirrel! He's fascinating to me, and I got a few pictures before one of the cats chased him away.








Of course, once I had been away for awhile, several goldfinches came back to the feeders. I sneaked in, leaned over the kitchen sink, and took this shot through the window. Before too long they should be brilliant yellow.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

LOVE this squirrel. How adorable! I wish we had a white one here...

The kids thought this was a pretty cool photo.