Sunday, April 12, 2009

Last First Holiday Home

I was thinking the other day - Mia came home last May, so as of today she's now had every major holiday here. It's hard to believe that she's been home nearly a year. It's been fascinating seeing the holidays through her eyes, being so unfamiliar, and not knowing what to expect. This one seemed to be the most uncharted for her - she really did not have a clue what was going on.

Friday I was off, but the girls had 1/2 day of school. The school is about 30 minutes drive away, so I decided to just keep them out. We spent a leisurely morning, and went for brunch at I-Hop. Then they went over to my mom and dad's house to color eggs. (My mom's braver than I am - it looks like a potential big mess!)


Those eggs are all in our fridge now - P U!

Yesterday was a bit blustery, but they insisted on wearing their matching sun dresses to church. They were not too thrilled when I wanted to take pictures afterward, without their sweaters, so these smiles are very forced.


In the afternoon we made egg-shaped Rice Krispie treats, with some Trix thrown in for Easter-y color.
Yum!

Then today we hid eggs for them to find. Though they've been playing hiding and finding them for a couple of weeks, this was the first time Mia had found any with stuff in them. The first couple that she found she stopped to open and look inside. I was telling her, "Go, Mia - put them in your basket and go!" I could just imagine Claire making a fast sweep of the yard and finding them all. In the end they each found half, and with only a few hints.


Oooh - a gold dollar!





Showing her new bunny socks from her Easter basket...


And just being cute...

A weekend of way too much sugar, but a lot of fun. I hope you all had a nice Easter, too!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey! Great pictures!!! The girls looked like they really enjoyed themselves!! Is everything going well?? It's been a long time since I have had 5 minutes to myself to catch up on blogs.... :)
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!