Thursday, April 2, 2009

FFF - BEACH!

The Favorite Foto Friday theme for today is "Beach". I hate to admit it, but we've only taken Claire to the beach twice, and one of those times was just to stop for an hour as we were driving back from central Florida. These pictures were taken in 2002, when she was 23 months old. We drove to Charleston to stay for a few days. As soon as we got there it clouded up, and it poured all weekend. These were taken just before it started to rain, right after we arrived. I've always loved the ocean, and was hoping Claire would play in the sand so I could enjoy, but NO. She wanted to get in the water, and swim out to sea.

A second after this photo was snapped, she fell down, and a wave went over her head. I thought, "whew, now she'll hate it and I can relax". Nope, it didn't even faze her.


Later we walked out on that long pier, and she got really miffed at us because we wouldn't let her dive in!



Finally, just before time to leave, the sun peeped out, and we got to get in the water for a little bit.


This is my favorite beach picture --- it was taken when we stopped in Florida to look (notice that she has her swimsuit on --- she fell in and got her clothes all wet - how convenient for her!). I got so nervous, because it wasn't a very wide beach, and it dropped off quickly. Claire kept trying to pull me farther out, and I was trying to pull her back. I finally had to man the camera from afar, and let her daddy keep an eye on her.

Now that she's bigger and can understand better, maybe my nerves can stand to go back!

For more FFF posts, check out Sarah's blog. Have a good weekend --- we're hoping for some sunshine here!

3 comments:

The Foster Home said...

Cute pictures.

Melinda said...

Cute pics!! But seriously, you need to get those kids to the beach!! :-) (I LOVE the beach and would live there if it wasn't for my husband!) Have a great weekend!

Melinda

nora said...

Love that last picture!

Enjoy your weekend!