Monday, July 7, 2008

Pics from the weekend

We had a nice relaxing long weekend. We slept in Friday morning, and then went to Larry's mom's for lunch. We just puttered around the rest of the day, and Larry took the girls to see the fireworks. Mia seemed to really enjoy it. Here are some photos I got of the little flag-wavers on the 4th.




Saturday afternoon we ate lunch at my parents' house, and then puttered around the rest of the day. I even got in a little nap! On Sunday I sewed and Larry cleaned in the garage. I've discovered that Mia loves to tinker around with stuff. She will look through a box of toys and just quietly play. She'll dig through my makeup drawer when I'm getting ready, and put on powder or brush her face with the makeup brushes. While I was sewing, she sat nearby snipping up paper, fabric and string. She even went upstairs and put together this little fashion creation. . .



This might seem ordinary to some of you, but it isn't to us. Claire has always liked to be with us, but she never really did much except stand at our elbow and talk. She's never taken anything in another room to play. She's never really played by herself at all, even though we've tried to encourage her to. It's just not her personality. It makes me really wonder what career choices these two will make some day.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a nice 4th!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

What beautiful girls :) It is so funny to see the personality differences in children!

Jennifer said...

How adorable! I am behind in checking out blogs this week!!!! Love that smile! So glad that everyone is settling in!!