Friday, July 18, 2008

FFF - My Favorite Feline Friend


For today's Favorite Foto Friday, I'm posting some pictures of my Favorite Feline Friend, our Zoe. Anyone who knows me knows that I am crazy for cats. Of all the cats I've had in my life, this is one of the best, and unfortunately she has disappeared. She's been gone for nearly a month. She left for a couple of days twice before leaving for good, so I think she must have been sick and we didn't know.


Even though we got her a few years before Claire came along, she was always very sweet and gentle with Claire.



And tolerant...





All cats have some quirk, and Zoe's quirk was that she preferred warm water. We keep the water bowl in our bathroom, and we'd hear that bowl scraping across the floor in the middle of the night, telling us that she wanted some warm drink. If we didn't respond, she'd tip it over and spill the old cold water out. It used to annoy me so much, but I'd get up every night now just to have her back.





I still find myself standing at the door over and over again, watching for her to come running up the steps. I keep praying that if she's dead, God will bring her back to life, because who would know? :-) We'll see . . . I'll keep watching . . .

5 comments:

Krystal said...

Oh, I am so sorry that she's been gone. She is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

If God watches over the sparrows, certainly a cat would be important as well.
I'm sorry such a special part of your life is missing.

Laurie said...

I'm so sorry Zoe is gone! I can't imagine loosing my pet. Maybe she will return one day.

Tracy said...

I am so sorry about your cat. He looks beautiful!

Jennifer said...

OH MY! This one made me cry... we don't have cats - always afraid the dogs would hurt one - but we LOVE ALL ANIMALS!!