Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Muchos partidos! (and muchos photos)

July has been party month for us! First Uncle Dino's Mexican fiesta last weekend. Then last Saturday was Mia Ruth's 5th birthday. After many changes of mind, she finally decided on a Diego theme. I really don't know why --- she's all about Dora --- it's the only show she'll watch. I found a Diego candle, and decided to do a cake on the cheap. I think my jungle leaves looked more like crocodiles, but oh well... The grandparents and Aunt Jan and Uncle Dino came for lunch. Nana had to leave early, so I didn't get a picture of her with Mia.



She seemed to like it, crocodiles and all ...










After lunch the guys took off on a bike ride, and Jan and I took the girls to the park to try out Mia's new Dora bike. She did pretty well for her first time. Her foot placement on the pedals was a big concern to her, and as her feet slipped around on them, she kept looking at them and would nearly run off the track.


In the end we saw a dog that scared her, and it really helped her pick up speed.


Once I uploaded all of my pictures I discovered that I had a smudge on my lens - grrr. At least it wasn't right in the middle. :-)








Ooh, I wish I could do this - I think it would feel really good on the degenerated disk in my low back. I'd just never be able to get down!






THEN on Sunday our church threw a "Welcome To The Family" party for Mia Ruth! We all had such a fun time. There was swimming ...



Slip N Slide ...


frozen pops ...
two pinatas (there was such a mad scramble for this candy, you'd think it was the last morsel of food these kids were ever going to get) ...



food and fellowship ...


and a HUGE and beautiful cake! Thank you, church family!


More pictures to come --- Claire's birthday is next weekend!

4 comments:

Krystal said...

Happy Birthday, Mia Ruth! I just love all of these pics. Your girls have the brightest smiles :)

Krystal said...

And -- I can't wait to see them in person SOON!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Mia Ruth! These are great photos... smudge and all.


BY THE WAY... I think the Diego cake was GREAT!!!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday sweet beautiful Mia!!!