Saturday, November 22, 2008

Snow!

Friday morning we woke up to the first snow of the season. Can you believe that schools were closed for THIS?!

But it was stuck on the roads, and there were quite a few wrecks. Also, around here there may be a few inches in one area, and a few miles away only a skim. So they close schools a lot. I enjoyed the morning at home with the girls, then dropped them off at Grandma's house and went in to work. They were so excited. Mia had seen some flurries a few weeks ago, but this was the first sticking snow she had seen. They couldn't wait to get outside in it, even though the temperature was only in the 20's.

Here's Mia in her first snow. Looks like I need to get her some snow clothes. Sneakers and short sweatpants just won't do! Claire's snow pants lasted her a couple of seasons, but they are a little short and snug, too. She could hardly move.


I got so tickled at them trying to sled on the snow with grass sticking through. The sled would stop, and Claire would slide right off the front.



I'm not too big on snow when I have to go to work, but I love to sit inside and look out at it when I don't have to worry about driving in it.
Hopefully we'll get at least one really big snow this winter, so Mia can see what it's like --- hopefully on a weekend!

No comments: