Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My hydrangeas!

Last year we had that late killing freeze, and I didn't have a hydrangea bloom until September. What few I had were soon zapped by frost. It was a long and dreary summer for our yard.

But this summer I am having a bumper crop! I absolutely am nuts about these flowers. I have over 15 bushes in my front yard, and a bunch in the back and on the sides, too. If I see that a branch has drooped down and rooted, I get happy. I snip it off and plant it somewhere else in the yard. Ahhhh - just looking at them soothes my soul!





1 comment:

Jennifer said...

OK... I have to tell you how envious I am. Hydrandeas remind me of Grandma and Grandpa's house in Tennessee!!! I got a small snippet when Grandpa passed away to try and replant here at home... and it didn't make the trip. I was so sad... and then the house sold!!!!! Yours are so beautiful!!!